Internet has become the greatest source of all kinds of information, whether it is business or literary, academic, or hobby-related. Just type in any keyword in your favorite search engine and millions of websites will pop up before you to answer your queries. You may be quite aware that these websites were created by content writers and website designers. However, you may be less aware of the contributions of the content manager. The term “content management” may sound new to you, but they play a big role in web content development.
Like any other managerial work, content management also involves coordinating a network of myriad actions and is done essentially in a chronological order. The designing and content development are two simultaneous and important aspects of website creation. Content management involves the coordination between these two parts of website development.
Content management involves the integration of two creative aspects, namely designing and writing:
* It is the writers who put pen to paper the thoughts and messages of the website owner. The designers on the other hand try to bring the content to life by complementing them with suitable graphics and other forms of visual designs.
* Both aspects of the production are monitored by the content manager. From time to time the designers are provided with necessary templates, and writers are provided with guidelines on the articles by the content management team.
* Finally, both productions merge into one to create the product, that is, the webpage.
* Now is the time for the content management team to give final touches to the product and here the role of the editorial manager becomes crucial. This is the most important stage in content management, as it is the final stage before the product finally hits the market.
* It is the efficiency of the content management system that can actually make or break the success of the WebPages. It is the scrutinizing power of the content management that decides the fate of the webpage once it has been uploaded to the server. However, a thorough scrutinizing or detailed editing does not alone influence the popularity of the website. It is the foresight of the management in choosing the topic that determines to some extent how popular the website is going to be. Thus research work should be of high quality, and it is the responsibility of the content manager to ensure that the best materials are used to produce the output.
So the content management workflow involves:
* Knowing the trends and needs of the market before deciding to launch any product
* Conducting refined research
* Thorough scrutinizing of the contents
* Smoothly coordinating between words and designs.